" In my recent paintings I try to reveal the world around me, focussing on the landscape that we see but often do not notice. I use colour and light to deconstruct a scene and add an underlying narrative to the landscape. Inspiration for a painting comes to me randomly. I usually photograph the initial scene and work from modified images. I play around with the composition and colour until it feels right. In most of my recent work there is always something man-made within the composition, often adding an unsettling element to the scene, be it, roads cutting through the rugged landscapes of Tasmania, random buildings in the Royal National park or the colourful urbanity of Newtown above street level. "
- Christian Bonett, 2018
Born 1975, Bath, England Immigrated to Australia in 2005
- Bath Academy of Art, England 1993-1994 foundation studies in Art & Design
- Falmouth College of Art, England 1994-1996 HND Illustration
- Manchester School of Art, England 1997-2000 BA(Hons) Fine Art
- Ecole des Beaux Arts, Nantes, France 1998 (Erasmus Socrates scholarship).
- COFA, UNSW, Australia 2009-2011 Art Education.
- Northern Contemporaries – Selected Graduates, Manchester 2000
- Manna, London 2001
- A&H, London 2003
- Recent Works, Project 107 Redfern 2014
- GKJE Gallery, Sydney 2015
- Practice What You Teach, Sydney 2018
- Lennox Street Studios, Newtown Annual Show 2014 - Present
- We Get By - Cooks Hill Gallery 2015
- Wynne Prize, AGNSW 2018
- Paddington Art Prize 2018
- Mosman Art Prize 2018
- KAAF Art Prize 2018
- Teacher of Visual Art - Cranbrook School & The National Art School 2014 - Present
COMMISSIONS AND ARTWORK SALES
If you are interested in commissioning an artwork or purchasing an already existing artwork, please contact Christian via the form on the contact page.